NostraDavid's handcrafted website, with his articles and projects
This is my
handcrafted Hugo-generated website. I post articles, bits of knowledge, projects and experimentations
If you want the source of this site (the static HTML, CSS, images and JS), check out the Github page
My work on the site has died down, due to a case of Empty Bank Account (don't worry, it's not contagious), not to mention I'm starting a Twitch Channel
If you want to know more about this site, check out the About page.
- How I fixed Reddit
- Haskell's fold functions explained
- Spark files and keeping track of your ideas, concepts & thoughts
- The different types of functions in Functional Programming
- Big O Beginner's Guide
Important changes and when they happened.
Initially things changed too drastically and too fast to keep a changelog, but I think it's time for one.
Everything previous the creation of this list has been copied from the Git history.
- Added (optional) syntax highlighting for Haskell in the
Quick 'n Dirty Big Oarticle
- Comment section on the front page is now hidding behind a button to improve load times.
Online tools that I regularly use, because you can find that information in the Knowledge Base
- Changed the links in the footer with the icons of the respective site
- Details (those clickable things with the ▶ symbol) can now be mass opened via a button
Regex Explanation, as it was too simple for my current knowledge. Maybe I'll revive it in an article
Slugify; it now removed duplicate -'s.
Information for a secret projectto the Knowledge Base
404 Not Foundpage
- Changed the
Articlepage into an actual list
- Changed the titles of a bunch of articles. URLs are still the same
National 'warcry'table to the Knowledge Base
Top Articlesto frontpage
Configuring JMeter for Neo4jarticle
- Added Changelog to frontpage
Text to Emojiproject
- Removed PWA functionality (updating was too much of a pain)
- Titles are now linkable (via a hash in the URL/section sign (§) combo)
- TODO now has timestamps
Hyvorcomment system to frontpage
- Added Google Analytics to the site (With a cookie notification. Wish I didn't need it, but they're legally required)
- Added metadata to the frontpage for Facebook and Twitter, so when posting a link to FB/T you get a nice looking card
Random Videopage (it contains a few of my favorite videos)
- Added an image of the most important person since the existence of nations to the GitHub repo
/g/'s programming projectsarticle
- Added (Static) sitemap.xml
- Added search and archive functionality to
- Added PWA functionality! Site can now be used, even if you don't have any internet connection available!
- Added old articles from
my old blog
- Added history images, for Thaumatorium.com and a SON experiment, to the repo (but not the site)
- Added extension recommendations for when you open the thaumatorium.github.io folder (for when you download the repo)
- Replaced the bare
Elmversion of this site with the static HTML - including some easter eggs :^)
- Between these times I've read the
HTML Living Standardand most of the
CSS spec(that's CSS 2.1 + the separate 'blocks' that either replace or add to CSS 2.1 - that's CSS 3, basically)
- Got the
Elmversion of the site working
- Creation of the repo that hosts this site with a very simple static index.html
The date you see is
date created, not
- Write a script for a World of Warcraft guide for beginners. Pros/cons of races. Pros/cons of classes (and specialties). Settings you want to look at. What else? Check /r/wownoob for inspiration. Tip: Don't just write text. Describe the scene too.
- Figure out how to generalize the syntax highlighting from the Big O article.
- rewrite the
Quick 'n dirty Big Oarticle. I think I've outgrown it.
- Figure out how Qwibus Amersfoort has their nav menu on Google
- Create an "htmlest" page, that contains *all* HTML elements, in a sensible way. Ofcourse add a ton of comments to explain the element names (like dt, dl, etc)
- Create World of Warcraft TODO so I can plan the things I still want to do/play/find
- Move Changelog and TODO to their own pages, but keep the top 5 or so on the FP.
- Create an article that explains basic Twitch emotes (monkaS/monkaW, pepeD/pepeJAM/catJAM, WutFace, etc)
- Add a Settings page where the user can change cookie settings - show which cookies are set, show how the user can check which cookies are set for Chrome/Edge/Firefox, etc
- Enable the use of query strings and cookies to manipulate how the site looks (enable/disable comments, enable disable disclaimers)
- Add FB/Twitter metadata to all other pages, especially the Template page.
- Add canonical links to all other pages (other than the frontpage).
- Create an article where I explain how I created this site. Use keywords to improve the pull to this site.
- Add meta tag for keywords to each page.
<meta name="keywords" content="Keyword1, Keyword2, Keyword3">At the very least it won't hurt.
- Create a Twitch addon that shows a counted and then sorted list of emotes from chat: [12x LULW, 6x LUL, 4x Pogey, 4x KKomando, 4xlowZ, 1x asmonMcCool]
- Write an article that explains recursion, without using the word recursion: "How to loop without the for loop construct [RECURSION GONE WILD]"
- Write software reviews: Go in-depth into software. Don't just "oh you can do xyz". What are some neat features/options you can find deep in the depths of the menus? I can call it "Let's talk about X"
- Create a
n UbuntuBash Beginner Guide, with commands I wish I knew when I started. Try to make it 1 or 2 A4's large.
- Add a "saying of the refresh" where there's a translated Dutch saying/adage/proverb/aphorism
- Add a notification for unsupported browsers. This site assumes you have an updated browser (you can always check your browser's About menu)
- Create an article where I explain which vscode extensions that I use and why.
- Spread the OGP and Twitter card metadata around the other html files
- Add JSON/LD - Semantic Web stuff to the homepage
- Consider paypal.me
- Check my Spark files for article inspiration. I believe I was still going to write a letter to myself in 2009 (about how and where to start with programming)
- Gotta check out ARIA tags - they weren't really mentioned on WHATWG's Living Document
Hide comments by default and add a button to load/show them - save this setting in a cookie.
Improve the Issue page on GitHub by adding a template.
Make some svg images for the footer links
Create a knowledge page and move certain articles into it - certain articles are just too short to be a separate page, IMO.
<section>elements - this should improve the semantics of
<a href="#todo" class="self-link"></a>to basically all headers.
Consider Google Analytics - probably not though
Figure out why code block is invisible :(
Verify that posts on Facebook/Twitter/Reddit look good
Fix the PWA functionality - if I update the HTML, it won't update the page on the client side
Figure out how to update pages on the client side after an update
Redo the CSS - mobile looks weird
If you go to
#projects, the starfield won't show
Put each article/blog in a separate file
Make it able to switch main article
Make thaumatorium.com functional
I broke the browser history (clicking back doesn't "refresh" the page) 😭
Add brightness and color to the starfield
Make articles look a bit better
Turn the main tags into articles and stick them all into a <main>, perhaps that gets the layout working
Center the main content
Create Mocking Spongebob generator
Create ROT13 generator
Gotta check out how to create a sitemap, if necessary. Make sure to include the necessary tags
Make thaumatorium.com look good
Transfer my articles from my ye olde wordpress site